Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks travel today to Montreal to face-off against the Canadiens in the first of three road games in Canada this week.
The Chicago Blackhawks schedule to me is ridiculous and you can blame the bye week for all of this compact schedule writing. The Hawks play 4 games this week including 3 in four nights this weekend. This after have their bye week and a four day break last week.
The one thing about the Blackhawks is they do play better when they are in their routine of playing a lot of games close together instead of coming off a long break. So I guess we just want them to play in 7 game playoff series come April and May instead of sweeping anybody!
Coach Joel Quenneville will be looking at newly signed John Heyden sometime this trip although it sounded like he wouldn’t be on the ice tonight in Montreal. The Hawks love his size with really his only question mark being his skating which has improved every year. The Hawks really haven’t had anyone with Heyden’s size since Bryan Bickell was playing good hockey.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
It’s time to hear Oh Canada and here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Tuesday.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here’s looking ahead to tonight’s matchup against the Montreal Canadiens (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks want John Heyden to bring a physical presence (Tribune)
Here’s a look at the week that was for the Rockford Ice Hogs (The Committed Indian)
The Calgary Flames tied a franchise record with their 10th straight win last night (ESPN)
Why the Colorado Avalanche although in last place need to finish the season strong (Mile High Sticking)
Why Robert Bortuzzo’s extension looks like a steal now (Bleedin Blue)
What’s the coolest mask in NHL history? (Puck Daddy)