Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks moved on up to 1st place last night by beating the Montreal Canadiens 4-2 on the road.
The game was another 3 point night by Kane who when the game ended was the NHL point leader with 76. He’s on a real heater with 16 goals and 11 assists in his last 17 games. He got a lot more ice time last night with Artem Anisimov leaving at the end of the first period with a left leg injury.
Crawford now has stopped 40 or more shots in back to back games and is now 10-1-3 in the last 6 seasons when having to stop 40 shots or more which is really impressive.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Minnesota Wild still have a game in hand, but the Hawks sit all alone in first place in the Central division and the Western Conference.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some morning links to kick off a 1st place kind of morning!
The Blackhawks are back in first place after defeating the Canadiens 4-2 (Blackhawks)
John Heyden is bringing a lot of confidence to the Chicago Blackhawks (Daily Herald)
Artem Anisimov leaves game with a left leg injury (CSN)
Predicting which teams will fall short of the NHL playoffs this season (Bleacher Report)
Are the Minnesota Wild starting to fall or is this just a stumble (Gone Puck Wild)