The Chicago Blackhawks travel to the Sunshine State to face-off against the Panthers tonight on their Spring Break trip through Florida. The two teams are traveling in different directions as the season comes close to an end.
The Chicago Blackhawks are now on a three game road trip through Florida with it ending up in Pittsburgh, so the next three games should be fun especially with the final matchup being a Wednesday night rivalry night game with the NBCSN team most likely building it up as a possible Stanley Cup Final preview.
Well before we get ahead of ourselves we have tonight’s Saturday matchup against the Panthers who are 7 points outside of the playoff picture which means they will most likely be missing the playoffs unless they get red hot real soon.
The Hawks have not been playing 60 minute games lately which is probably a struggle right now with the playoffs clinched, and only 8 games separating them from regular season and postseason games.
The Chicago Blackhawks have been able to turn it on enough to pick up points and wins, but they haven’t looked sharp for an entire game for a week or so now. The Hawks have an 8 point lead for the Division, but they will need a few more wins and points to clinch the division title and the top spot in the Western Conference.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The interesting part of tonight’s game will be watching the bottom six and John Hayden to see which player or players will step up and be in line for playoff playing time when the playoffs start.
Here are the listings for tonight’s game.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Game Time– 6pm
TV Listings– WGN
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
So I didn’t come close to my predictions against the Dallas Stars so let’s see if I can show some big improvements for tonight’s game.
Final Score Prediction
The Chicago Blackhawks look like they have taken their foot off the gas so I’m not expecting an offensive show tonight. The Hawks will do enough to pick the win with Marian Hossa picking up a third period game winning goal in the Hawks 3-2 victory.
Three Stars Prediction
#3 Star- Thomas Vanek– 1 Goal
#2 Star- Richard Panik-1 Goal
#1 Star- Duncan Keith-3 assists
What are your predictions for tonight’s game from South Florida?