Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- LA Finale
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks travel to the City of Angels tonight in the season finale against the LA Kings.
This season hasn’t gone the way I thought it would that’s for sure, and it sure has gone quickly because it feels like it was just October and we were counting down to opening night.
I really thought the Chicago Blackhawks would be a playoff team, but that it would be a struggle the entire year with all the youth in the lineup. Actually the beginning of the season was a struggle that Corey Crawford bailed out a whole bunch of times.
The Chicago Blackhawks youth finally hit their groove when NIck Schmaltz came back from Rockford and Coach Q let him play with Jonathan Toews and Richard Panik.
Of course, Panik is another huge piece who started out red hot and gained a ton of confidence early in the season, and it carried over throughout the entire season.
The LA Kings on the other hand were supposed to be a playoff team, but they just can’t score any goals on a consistent basis, and even though Jarome Iginla is a sure fire Hall of Famer he’s really not the missing piece the Kings needed at the NHL trade deadline.
Either way, it’s the season finale and the playoffs are on the horizon!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your morning!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Watch Marian Hossa‘s play of the week from the past weeks games (Blackhawks)
Former Chicago Blackhawks Bryan Bickell had an emotional return to the ice for the Hurricanes (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks third line is creating havoc and points (CSN)
They were streaking, but the Chicago Blackhawks stunted momentum is no worry to the team (Sun-Times)
Everyone that traded with the Dallas Stars are now in Cup contention (Blackout Dallas)
Ryan White and the Minnesota Wild’s grit problem (Hockey Wilderness)
Why not going to the Olympics is a huge mistake for the NHL (Arctic Ice)
Next: The Best And Worse Playoff Matchups For the Blackhawks
The Chicago Blackhawks youngsters are ready for a long playoff run (Puck Daddy)