Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- One Darling Backup Gone
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks made a trade yesterday when they sent Scott Darling to the Carolina Hurricanes for a third round pick.
Let’s say this for Stan Bowman, he knows how to get the team stocked with back up goalies. The Hawks have had Antti Niemi, Ray Emery, Antti Raanta, and Scott Darling backing up the starters during this great era of Chicago Blackhawks hockey.
Cristobal Huet and Corey Crawford were the #1 starters during this era, and the backups were huge reasons why the Chicago Blackhawks were able to win 3 Stanley Cups since 2010. It started with Niemi who ended up replacing Huet as the #1 goalie and winning the first Stanley Cup since 1961.
When you get to Scott Darling, he is the main reason the Chicago Blackhawks were able to win the 2015 Stanley Cup. Darling won Game #1 in Nashville by stopping every shot from the 2nd period on through overtime before Duncan Keith scored the game winner. Darling won three games in that first round series before watching Crawford get back on his game.
Want your voice heard? Join the Blackhawk Up team!
The trade does two things, ends the Corey Crawford trade rumors before they can even start, and means Stan Bowman will be looking for a new backup goalie this offseason.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
We will get to see Bowman work his magic once again this offseason which is always fun. Thanks for everything Lemont Native Scott Darling! Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
What did Nick Schmaltz have to say in his exit interview this past week (Blackhawks)
According to reports the Chicago Blackhawks are interested in Victor Ejdsell (Committed Indians)
The Carolina Hurricanes acquired the rights to Scott Darling for a third round pick (TSN)
Artemi Panarin says he was tired during the playoffs (CSN)
John McDonough says that the Hawks were steamrolled in the first round and it’s unacceptable (Sun-Times)
Vladimir Tarasenko leads Blues to defeat of Predators in Game #2 (ESPN)
The St. Louis Blues defenders carry the load against the Preds (Bleedin Blue)
Next: 5 Most Interesting Offseason Questions
Las Vegas biggest goal is to not be boring (Pro Hockey Talk)