Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- What Happened Last Week?
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks summer vacation started last Thursday night, but this past week’s news was pretty unexpected!
So in the past week we have witnessed a pretty pissed off Stan Bowman say that it was totally unacceptable how the Chicago Blackhawks played in the postseason, and that changes were about to happen.
We witnessed Joel Quenneville‘s right hand man Mike Kitchen get canned as Assistant coach because he was in charge of special teams. Of course late that day we were told that Coach Q was upset about his man getting fired.
Then a move most people didn’t see coming, Ted Dent was let go by the organization for tweeting things at the trade deadline that weren’t in his best interest. So now with a new batch of talent heading to Rockford, the Hawks need to find a good AHL coach for next season.
Want your voice heard? Join the Blackhawk Up team!
The best move in my opinion of the week was getting a 3rd round draft pick from the Carolina Hurricanes for the rights to Scott Darling. The Hawks unless they were trading Corey Crawford weren’t able to keep Darling, so this is way better than getting nothing for the Lemont Native.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
So there you have it! What a first week of the offseason, Do you think Stan Bowman has more moves up his sleeve?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some morning links to start your Sunday morning.
What did Tanner Kero and Vinnie Hinostroza have to say at their exit interviews (Blackhawks)
The New Jersey Devils win the #1 pick in the draft by winning the lottery (Second City)
Can the Chicago Blackhawks find another reliable backup goalie (CSN)
Why did the Chicago Blackhawks choose Corey Crawford over Scott Darling (Second City)
Meet Nolan Patrick, the likely #1 pick in this years NHL draft (Bleacher Report)
Reviewing Mikael Granlund‘s breakout season in Minnesota (Gone Puck Wild)
This year’s Dallas Stars team is a bandwagoners worst nightmare (Blackout Dallas)
Next: Tribute to Scott Darling
Jean-Gabriel Pageau‘s 4 goal night is Awesome (Pro Hockey Talk)