Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Future Thoughts
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are in need of some scoring next season, and of course there’s only one person I’m looking forward to seeing in a Chicago Blackhawks uniform.
The Chicago Blackhawks have one of the hottest prospects in all of juniors this season, and of course his name is Alex DeBrincat.
DeBrincat isn’t just a sniper, he’s a champion too winning the OHL championship last week. His critics will say he’s too small and doesn’t work hard enough to make it in the NHL.
Work ethic can be contagious, but of course there is the nightmare story of Teuvo Teravainen who didn’t buy into the Chicago Blackhawks work ethic and ended up in Carolina last year. Teuvo is the last time I was this excited about a Chicago Blackhawks prospect.
DeBrincat is a sniper just like Artemi Panarin so is it possible that the Chicago Blackhawks could move Panarin this offseason for a defenseman? I’ve heard this theory thrown around a couple of times already this offseason after Panarin has vanished during the his two brief postseasons.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
One thing that is for sure is that I hope DeBrincat is in the lineup come opening night and let’s see what he can do on the NHL level. One thing that is certain, a guy that can score at will usually can score at any level.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Are you looking forward to DeBrincat? Here are some morning links to start your Tuesday morning.
Here’s a look back at Patrick Kane on his draft day (Blackhawks)
So this is how the Ottawa Senators can win (Faxes From Uncle Dave)
Bryan Bickell is feeling good one month after retirement (CSN)
Scott Darling was the Dallas Stars first choice (Second City)
Ryan Johansen doesn’t understand how anyone could be a fan of Ryan Kesler (Bleacher Report)
The Dallas Stars need to protect Antoine Roussel at all costs (Blackout Dallas)
The Central Division won’t be getting any easier next year (Bleedin Blue)
Why Erik Karlsson should be the Norris Trophy winner (Puck Prose)