Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! It’s all tied up in the Western Conference Finals after the Anaheim Ducks blew a 2-0 lead in the third period, but found a way to score in overtime to send it back to Anaheim with the series all tied up at 2.
When i was watching Game #4, I thought it was going to be a carbon copy (old people term sorry Millenials) of Game #3 of the Blackhawks series when the Hawks jumped out to a 2-0 lead and then a series of misfortunate bounces led to the game being tied at the end of regulation with the Predators finding a way to win in overtime.
This time fate had other thoughts and the Ducks scored in overtime, and now the big bad Ducks have tied up the series heading back home for “Pivotal Game #5.”
Everyone had the Predators winning this series in 5 or 6 so I’m glad it’s at least tied at 2 so there is at least some drama in the series. Most experts thought it both Nashville and Pittsburgh were going to breeze into the Stanley Cup Final, but hockey is a hard game with a sense of humor sometimes, and it’s nice to see some real good hockey extended.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
I first started doing links as a regular feature on Blackhawk Up during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs. I would get up early and link all the stories to all the series. So I will begin with that part of history in mind today, so here are this morning links!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here is the postgame reaction from the Nashville Predators (On The Forecheck)
The Predators big comeback ends in a setback (Tennessean)
Corey Perry says relax to Ducks fans (Anaheim Calling)
A Chicago Blackhawks draft flashback of Brent Seabrook (Blackhawks)
Watching the Nashville Predators for a Blackhawks fan is tricky (Faxes from Uncle Dave)
There is a new bench coach for the Rockford Ice Hogs (CSN)
Why Erik Karlsson should be the Norris Trophy Winner (Puck Prose)