Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Future Thinking
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! After the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, looking to the future is all we have in the month of May.
There is a lot of future thinking when the playoffs are happening for me when the Chicago Blackhawks aren’t on the ice for the party.
The immediate future is of course, who will be on the roster next season, and which players on the current roster will be in Las Vegas next season. Of course the two players that are most talked about in that sentence about Vegas are Marcus Kruger and Trevor van Riemsdyk.
You have to think that there could be one more trick up Stan Bowman’s sleeve than just dumping some salary at the expansion draft. Can Stan pull off a big trade or will it be status quo for another year with the core that continues to get older.
When looking into the future a little further, the excitement in Chicago has to be whether Alex DeBrincat will be the next young superstar scorer in the Hawks system. He’s carried his junior team to the Championship, and in the first game of the Memorial Cup scored the opening goal in their victory yesterday.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves like our love for Teuvo Teravainen, but hey the future is always brighter than the past. Hopefully DeBrincat’s game translates to the NHL sooner than later.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some morning links to start your day.
Artemi Panarin and Marcus Kruger will be playing for medals at the Worlds (Blackhawks)
The NHL Top 20 teams of All-Time includes the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks Championship window is defined by these 4 choices (Second City)
Let’s appreciate how unpredictable the Stanley Cup playoffs have been this year (Pro Hockey Talk)
The Nashville Predators are one win away from the Stanley Cup Final (On The Forecheck)
Ryan Getzlaf has been fined by the NHL (Anaheim Calling)
Who are the biggest breakout stars of the Stanley Cup playoffs (Bleacher Report)
Next: 3 Reasons To Trade Artemi Panarin
Ryan Getzlaf talks about his NHL fine (Puck Daddy)