Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Every year an argument starts whether it’s the beginning of the season or when the Stanley Cup Final is set. What kind of fan are you which to me is simply silly.
To me there is no difference what kind of fan you are, the more fans the better if you ask me especially when it comes to hockey. The NHL is a fun sport, and the more people that discover it is better for the sport if you ask me.
The one thing everyone hates is a bandwagon fan. Ok, if you are a fan of a different team that is winning year in and year out that’s kind of annoying, but if you just happened to become a fan of the Blackhawks in 2013 or 2015 who cares that bandwagon is open.
The talk of the bandwagon of course comes up because of the Nashville Predators heading to the Stanley Cup Final and everyone in Tennessee and in the south is now a fan of the Preds.
Who cares! Not everyone is a Die Hard hockey fan from birth. Yes, I liked the Hawks from my earliest days, but when I was living in Florida in the late 90’s when they were terrible was I a super fan… Nope. Plus throw in the fact the Bill Wirtz was the worst owner ever with a terrible team can turn just about any fan off of the team.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
When the team turned things around was I back following them on a nightly basis even in Florida? yes! So am i a bandwagon or fair weather? You be the judge, but It doesn’t matter to me. Love the game no matter what kind of fan you are and how you discovered the game!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some morning links to start your Wednesday morning.
Alex DeBrincat is trying to finish off his junior career with a Memorial Cup win (Blackhawks)
The Western Conference is all yellow now with the Nashville Predators trip to the Stanley Cup final (Faxes From Uncle Dave)
How will the Chicago Blackhawks be spending money this offseason (Committed Indian)
Which Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup team was the best (CSN)
Another confusing Goalie Interference call in Game #6 (Pro Hockey Talk)
How the Predators took over Nashville this Spring (SI)