Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- The Draft Is Coming
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Yes, the Stanley Cup Final was set last night, but I went to sleep early since I’m traveling to Arkansas for my oldest sons wedding. So I will talk about the Final in tomorrow’s morning links, but today let’s talk about the NHL draft that is coming soon to Chicago.
The Chicago Blackhawks had a very good run in the NHL draft which is the reason they have such a great core that has won 3 Stanley Cups since 2010.
Even though the Hawks drafted high for nearly a decade, they were able to cash in on their high draft picks while picking up some gems in the 2nd round.
The latest 2nd round gems hopefully will be Alex DeBrincat which is playing in the Memorial Cup semi-final after his Erie Otters lost against the host team. He either has one or two games left in his Junior career before heading to Chicago for rookie camp and training camp.
The question is will he be able to make the team this season. He is a sniper, but everyone says he has hockey instinct which puts him in the right spot to score, and he’s not afraid of the nasty parts of the ice.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Hawks still have Tyler Motte and Vincent Hinostroza in the pipeline, but if you ask me DeBrincat is the guy that has me the most excited as a Chicago Blackhawks prospect!
Here are some Blackhawks morning links to kick off your weekend.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here is a look back at Ryan Hartman‘s draft day (Blackhawks)
Draft day fan fest festivities are set (Madhouse Enforcer)
Why I’m a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks from a Minnesota website (Hockey Wilderness)
Decisions are coming for Ray Radke and Robin Press (Committed Indians)
Just get Game #7 over with in the East (Faxes From Uncle Dave)
Hiring Darryl Sydor was a no brainer for the Blues (Bleedin Blue)
How a blind date from hell made this person a Stars fan (Defending Big D)
The interesting hire of Steve Ott (Puck Daddy)