Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Happy Memorial Day!
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! There is one thing that the Chicago Blackhawks due every game that is truly Awesome, and that is honoring veterans before every game at the National Anthem.
So before I go any further here is Jim Cornelison singing the National Anthem to start our Memorial Day.
First off please let me say I very genuine Thank You to all the veterans out there, and of course a very solemn Thank You to all those that have family members that gave the biggest sacrifice so that we could live in a free country which happens to be the greatest country in the world.
The Chicago Blackhawks also have a great history when it comes to the armed forces with the actual nickname Blackhawks coming from the original owner Frederic McLaughlin who fought for the 333rd Machine Gun Battalion of the 86th Infantry In World War I. The Division was nicknamed the Blackhawk Division, and it became the nickname of McLaughlin’s Chicago Hockey franchise.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The National anthem and armed forces are a great heritage for my favorite hockey team, and so i always want to talk about this great history on Memorial Day.
So here are some morning links on this holiday.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan
Here are all the news and info you need to know for Draft Fest 2017 (Blackhawks)
Chicago Blackhawks prospect Alex DeBrincat was named CHL player of the year (Second City)
Looking ahead at the Stanley Cup Final (Faxes From Uncle Dale)
A look at the Chicago Steel Championship (CSN)
The Pittsburgh Penguins open up as Stanley Cup favorites (ESPN)
Why Michel Therrien would be a high risk/high reward hire for the St. Louis Blues (Bleedin Blue)
A deep look into Zach Hyman (Editor IN Leaf)
Darcy Kuemper likely has played his last game for the Minnesota Wild (Hockey Wilderness)
Next: Conn Smythe Odds Heading into the Final
P.K. Subban big trade is all the talk at the Final (Pro Hockey Talk)