Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! As I’m traveling back home today, I will surely listen to more podcasts, and the one thing I’m sure I will hear sometime during the day is more Jonathan Toews haters.
Since I’ve been in the car more lately, I have downloaded a lot more podcasts to listen to especially since the Hockee Night guys have stopped doing their podcast on a regular basis.
I understand there is no way to measure Captaincy, but Toews has lifted up the Stanley Cup three time with the first one ending a 49 year drought for the franchise. He’s been a huge reason why the Hawks are one of the two model franchises this decade in the NHL.
So I don’t know if it’s true haters or just they are jealous that Toews isn’t playing for their favorite team, that every episode of a podcast there is a take about how Toews doesn’t belong on the Top 100 players of all-time or that he’s the most overrated player in the NHL.
Winning is just as important as filling up a stat line. Of course his stats over his career aren’t eye popping, but he always has the knack for scoring big goals in big games, and he’s the leader of a 3 time Stanley Cup franchise, so take that to all the haters out there that are still waiting for their teams to crack long draughts of their own.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
I’ll take Toews every year as the leader of our franchise, and when he says he’s going to add quickness back to his game this summer I believe he will, and I expect a huge season from Toews coming up this next year.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
Here are some morning links to start your day.
A flat salary cap could be a major problem for the Chicago Blackhawks (Second City)
How Pittsburgh won the weirdest Stanley Cup Final game in a long time (Faxes From Uncle Dale)
How the Chicago Blackhawks may juggle salaries (CSN)
The Nashville Predators Game #1 loss still brings optimism (On The Forecheck)
The Penguins won Game #1 but they have a lot of adjustments to make (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)