Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Yesterday morning started off as just another off day between Stanley Cup Final games, and before it was 9:30 am the Chicago Blackhawks had made two offseason moves.
I wasn’t expecting any Blackhawks news for what seemed like a week yesterday morning, but all of sudden Twitter was hopping with news, and it all started with this tweet.
So, of course this just fuels the speculation that the rumors that were out there last week are coming true that both Marcus Kruger and Trevor van Riemsdyk will both be Vegas Golden Knights when the 2017-2018 season kicks off this fall.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Of course, now the signing of Rutta and hiring of Samuelsson have fans putting together that the new coaches pet project will be Rutta. Who knows if any of it’s true, but it was fun reading everyone’s comments this morning on lunch. Any news is good news in early June…
Here are some morning links to start your Thursday.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The first episode of behind the scenes heading to the NHL draft (Blackhawks)
Let’s not get caught napping is the draft motto (Tribune)
Adidas is going to introduce new jerseys on June 20th (Committed Indians)
The Hawks signed Jan Rutta to a one year contract (Madhouse Enforcer)
Don’t overthink it, Matt Murray should be starting Game #5 (SB nation)
What are the three biggest steals in the Dallas Stars recent history (Blackout Dallas)