Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are now joined by every other team in the NHL enjoying the long hot summer.
In consecutive nights, the NHL and NBA playoffs came to an end, and now all we have is baseball to watch. I must say, last summer it was a whole bunch more fun watching the Cubs win game after game unlike their roller coaster season so far.
Next up on the NHL calendar is the expansion draft which really should be very exciting with the Vegas Golden Knights wheeling and dealing players and picks for the next few weeks.
Of course it’s been long rumored that Marcus Kruger is gone with only the official announcement coming sometime next week assuming it will be after June 21 when the Knights special period comes to an end.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
So we are still over 100 days away until opening day which is a sobering thought since the season ended in mid April. Maybe it’s just a big smoke screen that a core player will be moved by the time of the draft.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some morning links to kick off your morning.
The season is over, let’s bring it back home to Chicago now (Faxes From Uncle Dale)
Are the Hawk or Pens a better current dynasty (CSN)
The Detroit Red Wings New Arena will be a work of art (Pro Hockey Talk)
Winners and Losers of the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Bleacher Report)
Now what for the Nashville Predators Free agents (Predlines)
What is the ideal offseason for the Colorado Avalanche (Mile High Sticking)
Three teams the Dallas Stars should be trading with (Defending Big D)
The Stanley Cup Final was a pretty good ratings bonanza with context (Puck Daddy)