Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Bickell’s Farewell
By Keith Schultz
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The NHL Awards/Expansion Draft show was last night, but it pretty much ended with the Bryan Bickell Farewell speech. The former Chicago Blackhawks will always have a special place in my heart as a guy that fought through a lot to become a champion.
If you missed the video montage at the NHL Awards about Bryan Bickell here it is in this tweet.
Bryan Bickell is a guy that took too much heat for the contract that he signed after the 2013 Stanley Cup championship. Lest we forget he scored two of the biggest goals of that series in my mind. He scored the overtime winner in the first game of the playoffs which gave the Hawks the momentum to ride all the way to the second round.
Then of course the one no one will forget, he scored the first of two goals in those magical 17 seconds in Boston.
I know looking back is always better than in the present, and playoff Bickell was way better than regular season Bickell. But the thing is I always liked the guy! Even when he was sent to Rockford, he never said anything bad just was a team player from Day #1.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
I hope he’s able to get all the help from doctors that he can as he battles MS! It was a touching moment last night, and I’m glad the NHL did what they did for Bickell one last time on stage.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
Here are some morning links to start your morning.
Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin and Duncan Keith were all named to the 1st and 2nd All NHL teams last night (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks could get salary cap relief with the Marian Hossa announcement (Tribune)
The Vegas Golden Knights did pick Trevor van Riemsdyk last night in the expansion draft (Committed Indians)
The Vegas Knights announced their full roster last night, how many stays who knows (Bleacher Report)
Nashville Predators GM David Poile was named top GM in the NHL last season (On The Forecheck)
A pretty big loss for the Preds is James Neal heading to Vegas (Predlines)
Next: The Latest on Hossa And Kruger
Best and Worst from the Awards show last night (Puck Daddy)