The Chicago Blackhawks saw a 29 percent decrease in viewership on NBC Sports Chicago compared to last season, per a report
It was a slow night Tuesday for the NHL with no playoff games on the schedule. However, tonight features a first-round Game 7 in Boston between the Bruins and the Toronto Maple Leafs. The first round of games has been pretty mild, but these second-round matchups surely will be entertaining. Expect a highly competitive series between Winnipeg and Nashville.
In Chicago Blackhawks news, a report from the Sports Business Journal came out Monday that showed the biggest gains and losses in TV viewership from the NHL compared to last season. The ‘Hawks had the second biggest loss at 29 percent, with only the New York Rangers losing more with a 36 percent loss. Both franchises didn’t make the playoffs and are in transition years, which explains the losses.
In other news, former ‘Hawks forward Michael Frolik welcomed a new baby girl to the family.
The IceHogs lead the Chicago Wolves 2-0 in their best-of-five first-round playoff series in the Calder Cup Playoffs. They will play Game 3 in Rosemont on Thursday. Head coach Jeremy Colliton met with the media Tuesday and discussed the series.
- With contract talks looming, Artemi Panarin likes Columbus – The Columbus Dispatch
- Blackhawks reviews: Corey Crawford and Anton Forsberg – The Athletic
- Wolves’ Brandon Pirri talks Calder Cup Playoffs – WGN TV
- Hilary Knight talks Chicago memories, winning gold – FOX 32
- IceHogs Media Day Interviews – The Rink
- Q&A with IceHogs’ Collin Delia – NHL.com
- How the IceHogs prepare – rrstar.com