Former Chicago Blackhawks forward and current broadcaster Eddie Olczyk believes fixing the ‘Hawks starts with the back end
Eddie Olczyk joined the Steve Cochran Show on Thursday to discuss the upcoming Kentucky Derby, as well as the state of the Chicago Blackhawks. When asked about what he thinks the ‘Hawks need to do to get back to winning, he said it starts with fixing the defense.
The ‘Hawks have drafted a lot of young players and have a decent amount in the system right now. The question is, will any of them work out?
With Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook on the wrong side of 30, who is the future on the blue line? For years the ‘Hawks had reliable defensemen who fit Joel Quenneville’s system perfectly, but they no longer have that luxury.
In NHL news, there was a small trade that sent former Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger to Arizona from Carolina.
And, finally, the Rockford IceHogs begin their second-round series of the Calder Cup Playoffs against the Manitoba Moose. The IceHogs have had a lot of time to plan for this series, so hopefully coach Jeremy Colliton has a good strategy to steal a game on the road.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
- Former enforcer Daniel Carcillo donates brain to research after death – Chicago Tribune
- Is Duncan Keith on a decline or was last year an off year? – The Athletic
- Blackhawks anthem singer returns to BMO May 11 – Rock River Times
- Eddie Olczyk on the Blackhawks, “It’s going to be a battle” – WGN Radio
- Marcus Kruger traded to Arizona – Chicago Sun-Times