Potential Opponent Four: The Colorado Avalanche
The Colorado Avalanche might be the next dynasty the NHL sees. However, for now, they are just another team trying to make the playoffs. The St. Louis Blues do have a few points on the talented Avalanche, but if the Avalanche plays great in the coming weeks we might end up seeing them top the western conference.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Colorado is one of the best teams in the league with some great players. Nathan MacKinnon has a team-leading 72 points, he is the best by far as the best next player on their roster is Cale Maker with 37 points.
Colorado is not going anywhere anytime soon, getting a win against the Avs in the playoffs now is only going to make the Blackhawks that much better in the coming years.
If Chicago does make the playoffs experience is the trophy we need to get. I don’t think the Blackhawks are a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, but I do think they can all learn something from a series in the NHL. Think about the coaching experience Jeremy Colliton could get in a playoff round. Only time will tell if any of these potential series becomes a reality.