The Chicago Blackhawks face off against the St. Louis Blues tonight in Chicago in what is the best rivalry in the Central Division.
The St. Louis Blues were one of the hottest teams in the NHL for a while after they decided to fire their long time coach Mike Hitchcock and promote the head coach in waiting Mike Yeo. They have lost their last two games after their hot streak, but they are still 7-3 in their last 10. They are still only holding down the last wild card spot with only a 3 point cushion between them and the LA Kings.
The Chicago Blackhawks are 8-2 in their last 10 and have won 8 out of 9 with only the first game back from their bye week as their only loss during that time frame.
The offense has been a pleasant surprise during the Blackhawks hot streak with them scoring 5 goals or more in the 5 out of the last 6 contests with a couple of hat tricks from Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane in consecutive games.
The one thing that the goal scoring has done is cover up Corey Crawford‘s game. Crawford hasn’t been terrible, but he hasn’t been in playoff mode either so if the Hawks were back to scoring a lot less goals and losing games I feel like there would be a lot more fans complaining about Crow’s game right now.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The St. Louis Blues struggles have been directly related to their goalie play in Jake Allen. Allen normally has a save percentage around .920 but now sits around .903 and he’s giving up 2.67 goals a game this year compared to a career average of 2.33. If the Chicago Blackhawks can jump on Allen early this game could be another easy one for the Blackhawks.
Here are the listings for tonight’s game.
Game Time– 6:30pm
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Live Streaming–NBC Live Extra
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
I did get a couple of predictions correct on Thursday night with the Hawks scoring 6 times, and Patrick Kane being the #1 star of the night so let’s see if we can add a few more correct predictions tonight.
Final Score Predictions
The Chicago Blackhawks continues to roll with them winning easily 5-2 with another big night from the stars this time with Marian Hossa scoring twice.
Three Stars Predictions
#3 Star- Duncan Keith– 500th career point
#2 Star- Nick Schmaltz-1 goal 1 assist
#1 Star- Marian Hossa- 2 goals
What are your predictions for tonight’s game?