Good morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans! The next big day on the NHL schedule has to be June 21 so let’s get there already!
We are smack dab in the middle of the rumor mill season which is even stronger than usual for a couple of reasons in 2017.
The first and biggest reason the rumor mill season is huge is because this is a expansion draft year which makes everything a bit more crazy.
With Vegas getting a special 3 day period to sign people and make deals, it gives the old rumor mill extra time to really get rolling! Unlike previous times in NHL history that there was an expansion draft, this is the first time there has been a salary cap so things are even more pressured to get salaries off certain teams books now.
The second reason this year seems to have a bigger rumor mill going is the little nugget floated out there that the Chicago Blackhawks are trying to move a core piece to relieve them of their salary cap burden.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
This makes all Chicago Blackhawks fans a little more stressed out, while checking social media to see if this big trade does happen. This also lends to the fact that rumors of everyone but Jonathan Toews being moved is out there.
June 21 the Vegas window closes and everything will be announced. Until then, hold on to you britches!!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here are some morning links to start your morning.
Episode 2 of on the clock is out there now which is pretty good viewing (Blackhawks)
Reports are the Chicago Blackhawks could get some salary cap help (Madhouse Enforcer)
NHL schedule to be released on June 21 as well.. big day in the NHL (Committed Indians)
Pittsburgh Penguins parade draws 750,000 (Bleacher Report)