Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has a bad habit of bringing back old favorites, and it’s about time he stops it.
Let’s be honest, if the Chicago Blackhawks could bring back Brandon Saad, we would all be very happy. The thing is the players we keep getting back were better in their first stint with the organization than their latest endeavors.
It all started with Kris Versteeg who was ok I guess, but he never was the scorer that he was back in 2010. I suppose if you like his singing it was alright at two different rallies.
The Hawks also brought back Brian Campbell last year to solidify the defense at a huge hometown discount, but he too was just a shell of a player that he was back in 2010.
One player that may have been better the second time around was Michal Handzus. Seeing him lift the Cup in 2013 was pretty cool.
Then lastly, I was pretty excited when the Hawks got Johnny Oduya back for the stretch run last year, but he was injured and slow and the Predators made him look like a dinosaur in the opening round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
All of this is to say please Stan stop the retreads!! Go with the youth! I want to see Alex DeBrincat and Alexandre Fortin play instead of a 30 plus year old player coming back to his glory days in Chicago!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan
That is all I have for that vent! Keep building with youth not vets! Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend!
Top 5 Things To Do at The Chicago Blackhawks fan fest during the NHL draft (Blackhawks)
Hard work takes out the guess work for the Chicago Blackhawks at the draft (Sun-Times)
How will the Chicago Blackhawks juggle 3 assistants (CSN)
NHLPA to vote on a 75 million dollar Cap (Pro Hockey Talk)
What are the biggest offseason moves to watch this summer (Bleacher Report)
Which teams should protect 8 skaters in the expansion draft (Puck Prose)