Chicago Blackhawks fans have watched Brent Seabrook for over a decade now, and although the skill set doesn’t quite match the length of his contract he sure has provided us with some great moments as he celebrates his 1,000 game tonight.
Here are my Top 5 moments in Brent Seabrook’s career.
5. 2009 Overtime Goal Scored in 6-5 win coming back from a 5-0 Deficit.
The Chicago Blackhawks proved to everyone including myself on this night that no matter how many goals they were down, they had the firepower to comeback. Brent Seabrook showed how valuable he was on this night when he scored the overtime winner to give the Chicago Blackhawks their biggest regular season comeback ever victory!
4. Brent Seabrook Hit on David Backes in 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Ok, I don’t root for anyone to ever get hurt, so I didn’t know for sure if I should put this into my top moments. Yet I feel like this really was a big one for Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks. It showed to the Blues that they weren’t afraid of them even though everyone knew they were going to try and beat down the Chicago Blackhawks at every turn. Of course Duncan Keith’s Wakey Wakey made this even more memorable!
3. Seabrook Scores in 3rd Overtime Against Nashville in 2015
This wasn’t exactly a thing of beauty. I remember watching the game wanting the Chicago Blackhawks, but as it hit the third overtime I was also ready to go to bed since I had to work in the morning! Seabrook saved the day with a big blast from the blue line and the Hawks would eventually defeat the Nashville Predators on their way to winning their 3rd Stanley Cup in 6 seasons.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
2. Seabrook Scores Overtime Winner in 2013 Stanley Cup Final Game #4
Of all the Stanley Cup Final Games the Hawks have played in this had to be the one with the most emotions spent. There were ups and downs and highs and lows and I remember getting so mad at Corey Crawford during the game on Twitter, and someone replied just enjoy the game because this is one of the best games ever. It really was a great game, and it had a better ending with Seabrook beating Tuuka Rask for the game winner!
1. Seabrook Winning Detroit Red Wings Series with Game 7 Overtime Winner
We all know that Niklas Hjalmarsson’s shot should have been the game winner, but it was not meant to be. The Chicago Blackhawks were down 3-1 in this series, and they were down 2-1 going into the third period of Game #6 before some heroics took place. Brent Seabrook after a huge Dave Bolland check took the puck and scored, and his reaction was priceless!
Seabrook is celebrating 1,000 games tonight, and while it is trendy to bash him for his contract he’s been ok for the 2nd half of the season. Let’s remember all the great time #7 has given us through the years!